8:45 to 9:00 am – “Coffee, Juice and Donuts” Fellowship Time
9:00 to 10:30 am – Worship and Teaching
127 Sloop Point Loop Rd
Hampstead, North Carolina 28443
12 Things to Expect Sunday Mornings as We Worship as a Family of God?
- We are borrowing the church building where we meet. We have the building Sunday mornings until 10:30am. We try to get out of the building by 10:30am so Livingstones Tabernacle Church can prepare for their time of worship in their building.
- Our gatherings on Sunday morning are fairly simple. When we first arrive we hang out to greet friends old and new.
- Children… we have lots of them. Generally we provide nursery for children up to four years old. We really want children five years old and above to join us in worship. We want them to learn to worship with us as a family of God.
- We gather together as a family of families to celebrate who God is and what He has done for us, as well as to be equipped and encouraged to live out our identity as disciples of Jesus in our communities throughout the week.
- Dress is casual. We invite people to wear whatever they are comfortable worshipping in. God is far more interested in our hearts than our appearance. We invite everyone to come with a heart ready to meet the living God of the universe, remembering that it is only by his grace in Jesus that we are able to draw near to God. We are less concerned about what you are wearing and more concerned about what God is doing in your heart and life.
- Each worship gathering starts with the reading of God’s Word and several times during our time of worship we pause and pray.
- We believe that worship is about making much of God. Therefore we want our time to be shaped by the Scriptures and centered on God, who graciously invites us into his presence through faith in his Son, Jesus Christ.
- The songs we sing are theologically rich, blending songs that believers have used to celebrate Jesus for generations and songs written in this generation. Singing not only praises God, it also encourages and instructs our hearts and the hearts of our children. Those in our church family who are gifted musically lead us in worship.
- We celebrate who God is and what He has done for us and we learn from the teaching of God’s Story, The Bible.
- We believe the Bible is the very Word of God. We want every sermon to be faithful to the Bible, centered on the gospel of Jesus, and helpful for day-to-day life. We typically preach through books of the Bible verse by verse.
- Though you are not expected to give, there will be an offering.
- After the service we all stick around and fellowship. We would love for you to stick around as well so that we can meet you and you can get to know us better.